A woman while standing on a curb is suddenly struck by a car that jumped the curb, pinning the women against a light pole in Midtown, Manhattan, NY. almost ripping her leg off, according to eyewitnesses.
Car jumps curb on E 49 St & 2nd Ave in Midtown.
The accident happened along Second Avenue near East 49th Street around 4:30 p.m. Monday when a Mercedes traveling south on Second was cut off by another car and went up onto the sidewalk, injuring the women. witnesses said.
Witnesses describe the ghastly scene as this poor the women, conscious and alert, lay pinned by the vehicle, with her lower leg ripped open. There was a medical clinic across the street with doctors rushing to the women’s aid until EMT arrived. The women was rushed to Bellevue Hospital in serious condition.
The accident is still under under investigation.
Jumping Curb Accidents In Manhattan
- Jun 2: Manhattan: West 68 & Columbus. U/D; 1 in custody after car jumps curb in front of restaurant.
- May 12: Midtown: 1 Hurt After Taxi Driver Jumps Curb, Slams Into Bus Stop Shelter
- Dec 11: 7 people injured after a car jumps curb in Manhattan’s Herald Square.
- Oct 24: Manhattan: Car jumps curb at newly-installed pedestrian island on West End Ave
- Oct 6: Manhattan: Two pedestrians transported in serious condition as taxi jumps curb on E. 59th St.
- 23 Mar 2014: A woman was hurt when a taxi jumped a curb in Midtown Sunday afternoon.
- 20 Aug 2013: Scene at 49th & 6th in midtown Manhattan after cab jumps curb; reports woman hit.
When a pedestrian is struck by a vehicle that has jumped the curb, the pedestrian, can end up with serious debilitating injuries, or sadly killed.
In such a confusing, shocking time, as crazy as everything going around you is, seeking legal representation from a New York personal injury lawyer, would allow you peace knowing your best interests are protected.
Paul Ajlouny, of Ajlouny Injury Law, can help victims seriously injured or surviving family members obtain compensation for medical bills and other expenses, including funeral costs.