Deer Park NY Straight Path Crash
A single-car crash occurred early Monday, Jan. 26, 2015, on Straight Path, near Ellensue Drive, in Deer Park, killing 1 man and seriously injuring 2 others occupants of the vehicle.
A 28-year-old man was killed when a vehicle he was riding in crashed in Deer Park, critically wounding two fellow Wyandanch residents.
According to Suffolk County police, Hamzah Abdul-Hakim had to extricated from the Infiniti, was killed at the scene. The vehicle was heading southbound on Straight Path when the vehicle struck a tree south of Sagamore Lane at 4:30 a.m.
28-year-old Ismail Latif, was ejected from the vehicle and was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip.
The third occupant, 31-year-old Darnell Snell, who had to be extricated, was airlifted to Stony Brook University Hospital.
The driver of the vehicle has not yet been determined.
Detectives on the scene impounded the Infiniti, and are continuing the investigation asking anyone who may have witnessed this accident to call them at 631-854-8152 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will remain confidential.
“Straight Path appears to have a history of being the scene of car accident in the past.” weighs in New York car accident lawyer, Paul Ajlouny. “Since this accident investigation is ongoing, it is yet to be determined what may of been the cause of this accident. However, looking at past accidents on this long stretch of road may indicate speed, or a possibility of drivng while under the influence.” states Mr. Ajlouny.
Straight Path Accident Recount:
- An accident on the eastbound Southern State Parkway east of Straight Path(exit 36). The driver of a Subaru Impreza was traveling east on the Southern State Parkway when the driver lost control of his vehicle and struck a tree on the right shoulder of the parkway. The driver, of Massapequa NY, was transported to Good Samaritan Hospital in Islip, where he was pronounced dead a short time later. 12/8/14
- A teen boy was seriously injured after he was hit by a sport utility vehicle in West Babylon. The pedestrian/car accident took place on Straight Path near 12th Street in West Babylon, and the victim was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip. January 2013
- A two-car crash at Straight Path and Route 109 seriously injured one person who had to be transported to the hospital. January of 2013
- On Palm Sunday multiple-car crash at the intersection of North Wellwood Avenue and Straight Path sent two to the hospital
- The driver of a van was injured when his vehicle was hit by a box truck, then pushed into a column in front of a row of stores off Sunrise Highway in Lindenhurst. The accident occurred about 7 a.m. at the intersection of Straight Path. The van struck the support column in front of Peta Pizza, 190 W. Sunrise Hwy., according to police. May 11, 2013
- Three separate accidents injuring three people. July of 2013
- An accident on Straight Path injured two people. August 2013
- Three people were injured in a two-car crash at 52nd Street. October of 2113
- A two-car accident on Straight Path sent one of those cars into the front bay window of a home on 49th Street. April of 2012
- Two drivers were transported to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip with injuries suffered in an accident on Sunrise Highway in Lindenhurst. The two-vehicle crash occurred just before 8:30 p.m. Police said there were no passengers in either vehicle. June 6, 2012
- A two car accident occurred on Straight Path and Patton Ave in Wyandanch. The second driver ran a stop sign, and struck the first driver’s car on the side, pushing him into a light pole, injuring the driver of the first vehicle. October 2010